As a developer, you have to know some basic concepts about testing environment to have same language with testers in your team. let’s have a quick look on what is the difference between test suite and test plan.
- Test plan is used to track testing for sprints or milestones, so you can check if the sprint testing is finished or not.
- Inside test plan, you can create test suite which contain all test cases for certain feature or requirement. actually in in online TFS you have an option called “Requirement-based suite” which linked automatically to backlog item.
- Test plans and suites are just a way of organizing test cases. you can add a test case to more than one suite or test plan or none
- Deleting a suite does not delete its test cases.
- Static test suites are like folders. A static test suite can contain both test cases and other suites.
- Requirements-based suites are derived from Product Backlog Items, User Stories, or other requirements. The suite contains all the test cases that are linked to its requirement
- Query-based suites show the results of a query that you defin